As spiritual beings in physical bodies, we are each surrounded by an energy field that is commonly known as an 'aura'. Plants and animals also have auras! The invisible, oval-shaped auric field is made up of 7 separate layers that radiate and vibrate through the body and extend about two to three feet outside of our physical form.
The aura and its colours reveal information about your wellbeing and spirituality. Kirlian photographic technology is often used to capture the energetic radiances and textures of the aura that are not easy to see with the naked eye. The information that the photos provide can then be used for diagnostic purposes.
The Colours of the Aura
The colours of the aura indicate the frequency of the individual's energy, their thoughts, feelings, wellbeing and spiritual awareness. Ideally, you want the colours of your aura to radiate brightly, as this indicates positivity, good health and vitality. Dark, murky and muddled colours can represent negativity, sickness, sluggishness and general imbalance. The colours often appear as blocks, flares, shards or clouds that surround the physical form.
- Purple in your aura shows that you are becoming more spiritually open and aware. Purple typically appears in flashes of colour that blends with other larger blocks of colour.
- Blue symbolises a balanced energy and intuitive abilities. Bright royal blue can indicate clairvoyant skills.
- Green is a restorative colour that signifies natural healing abilities. If you have bluey-green colour (turquoise) in your aura you possess powerful healing attributes.
- Yellow indicates a playful and inquisitive nature. The presence of this colour often represents spiritual awakening.
- Orange is associated with emotions and vitality. Bright orange indicates you are in good health and living life to the full. When mixed with flashes of red, you are confident in your personal power.
- Red represents action and is a powerful colour. Darker shades suggest self-sufficiency, whilst cloudy red highlights negative energy and repressed anger.
- Pink is the colour of the heart and is often visible in the aura when someone is in love. Clear pink indicates a perfect balance between spiritual awareness and material reality.
- Brown is the aura colour that is associated with fear of the unknown.
- Grey represents blocked or stagnant energy, and can also indicate depression and the dark side of your personality.
- Black highlights negativity and an unwillingness to forgive.
- White auras are rare and are usually only seen surrounding highly- spiritual people who have transcended physical reality.
- Silver and gold are aura colours that surround people who have a high spiritual vibration.
- Rainbow auras are associated with attunement to the spiritual 5th dimension frequency. Spiritual teachers, healers and lightworkers typically have colourful rainbow auras.
How to See and Feel Auras
In order to be able to see your aura, it's essential that you first learn how to feel it.
Gently rub your hands together to activate your energy. You may feel this as a tingling, vibrating or warm sensation. Place your hands with palms facing each other. Experiment with the feeling of energy by slowing pulling your hands apart and bringing them back together. You will notice what your aura 'feels' like.
To view your own aura, it's best to stand facing a white wall or to use a mirror. Adjust your vision and focus on the area just beyond the tips of your fingers or the side of your hand. Allow your vision to go slightly out of focus. Extend your arm as far away as possible so that your visual perception encompasses your entire hand. You will be able to see a fine white 'mist' around your hand. This is the inner aura.
Move your focus slightly further out. Soften your gaze and continue to look at the subtle energy that surrounds you. This exercise requires practice, so don't be disheartened if you're not able to 'see' the colours straight away. You can practice your aura reading skills on other people and plants.