The Data Controller
What information do we collect about you?
- We collect information about you when you register with us, when you use our services and when you contact us either by post or by e-mail. We collect information that will help us provide you with a better service whenever you interact with us by whatever means you choose to communicate with us, that could be via the website, email, phone or post or any other form of interaction such as social media.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We will do the following with your personal information:
- store and use it to provide you with any services which you order from us and maintain evidence of your being a subscriber to our services.
- and improve and develop the services we offer by analysing your information including information related to your usage of our website or any other interaction with us
- as a subscriber, either contractually (as a customer) or as somebody who has demonstrated clear interest in our products (subscribed to find out more), we will send you information and updates about them and the group and its services.
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing material, simply click the ‘unsubscribe button’ that is included on every electronic communication such as email or contact us to request that we unsubscribe you.
How long do we store and use your data?
we keep and use your data under contract for as long as you choose to maintain your account once opened, whereas data from subscribers who don’t open an account remains on our system for 3 years after registering or initially subscribing.
Do we store any ‘sensitive’ or payment data?
- We don’t collect or store any ‘sensitive data’
- We work with a PCI compliant Payment Processor to arrange your payments for courses, we don’t therefore collect or hold any payment records.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- Apart from our group businesses and the partners or processors that we employ under strict privacy contracts to carry out work for us, we don’t share any data with unrelated parties. Be assured that your privacy is important to us and so your data cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person or business.
- If for any reason we needed to share your data other than for our group business in the future, we will first ask your permission to do so.
Can you update your information?
- Most of your data is held in your account on our training portal, you can securely access it there and we’d appreciate it if you keep it up to date amend it or add to it as you wish. Your data is held there under contract until you close your account with us at which point, access to your courses will be disabled and your data will be deleted.
Can you ask for a copy of the information we hold?
- We conform to the latest data regulations for May 2018 and in addition we conform to best practice by enabling your rights to access your data via your account where available.
- In addition to conform to the latest data protection legislation i.e. the GDPR 2018 and accordingly your right to access any personal information that we may hold about you. This could be in addition to what you can freely access from the portal and may include for example, information relating to affiliate programme activity if applicable. To access this information or advise us to delete it (right to be forgotten) please contact us as set out below, there may be a charge depending on the circumstances.
- do not wish to receive marketing material; or
- wish to update your personal information or request access to it: or
- have any other queries or requests about our processing of your personal information Please contact us at [email protected]
Lawful basis for ‘processing your data’
We process personal information on the following bases:
- Customers are processed on a contractual basis as they have perpetual licences to access and use their training courses within the ‘portal’.
- Enquirers and subscribers who have not purchased and so not opened an account are processed under the Privacy and electronic communication regulations for ‘soft opt-in’ rules.
- More recent subscribers will have been also offered the opportunity to consent to their data being processed and to receive marketing material.
- Any customer or subscriber can exclude themselves from receiving marketing material by simply unsubscribing using the facility included on every communication.
Personal data for International Customers
We are based in the UK and comply with all local privacy regulations, we cannot legislate for any regulations or laws that may apply differently in other countries. Submitting your personal data is done so strictly on that basis and the data of any foreign nationals that we may hold as a result is the responsibility of the person who submits it. If you would like us to remove any data please contact us and advise us as detailed above
Confirming that you are the subscriber
We provide individuals with privacy information at the time we collect their personal data from them and confirm it immediately with a follow up email to confirm that it is you who has submitted the data and to confirm that our customers are aware of our position on personal information
Marketing to Children
- In line with the new data laws, on registration we ask the customer to confirm that they consent to receive marketing information and that you are 16 or over.
- Our courses are designed for adult education only.
Use of ‘electronic communications’
We try to use the most popular and convenient forms of electronic communication. This could include email or sms or for example, new and emerging forms of communication such as Facebook messenger. Where we ask for consent to receive communications we are doing this in general to cover all forms of electronic communication- if you wish to be excluded from any simply use the unsubscribe link on every communication or contact us as above.
How do we use ‘Profiling’
To avoid wasteful or potentially annoying marketing where products are not appropriate, we use various profiling tools to help us select just the customers whom we believe will be interested in a particular offer or piece of information. Clearly, this can never be 100% accurate but we hope it helps us provide information that is relevant and of interest to you rather than sending everything that is available on our website. To exclude yourself from any profiling and to just receive everything, please contact us and advise us of your wishes.
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy information and should there be any change of use of our privacy information, we’ll communicate the changes to individuals before starting any new processing.