Building on the knowledge your child will have gained from their Year 1 schooling, the Year 2 Maths Course will help them to understand the concepts and ideas covered at this level.
Through the course’s enjoyable and engaging games and quizzes, they’ll develop a greater knowledge of number and place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, fractions, measurements, shapes and statistics.
Your child will learn how to count in 2s, 5s and 10s, use mathematical symbols, and use place value and number facts to solve problems. They’ll discover how to compare and order numbers from 0 to 100 and be able to write them in numerals and words.
Children will learn how to solve problems with addition and subtraction using objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, and how to recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables.
The course will help children to be able to recognise, find, name and write fractions of a length, shape, set of objects or quantity and simplify equivalent fractions.
Your child will learn about using the appropriate equipment to measure length/height, mass, temperature, capacity, and analogue time.
They’ll learn about 2D and 3D shapes, patterns and sequences, as well as position, direction and movement. They’ll also be introduced to statistics in the form of pictograms, tally charts, block graphs and tables.
By studying this course, your child will:
- Add and subtract numbers using objects, pictures, and mentally
- Use 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables to complete multiplication and division problems
- Recognise, find, name and write fractions of a length, shape, set of objects or quantity
- Measure length/height, mass, temperature, capacity, and analogue time
- Learn about 2D and 3D shapes, patterns and sequences and position, direction and movement
- Discover statistics in the form of pictograms, tally charts, block graphs and tables
- Take fun quiz assessments
- Receive a certificate upon completion