Aimed at children aged 6 to 12, the Chemistry for Kids Course will transport your child on a fascinating adventure into the world of chemicals and materials, and many of the wonderful processes that underpin life on Earth.
By the end of the course, your child will have developed an understanding of many of the actions that happen right under our noses—but are often far too tiny to witness with the naked eye. Their effects can be seen all around us, however, and as children progress through the Chemistry For Kids Course, they will develop an insight into these hidden processes!
The Chemistry For Kids course will transport children on a magical tour of the chemical world around them. Discovering hidden processes and techniques, they will discover some of the exciting reactions that make things happen in the way they do. Beginning with a close examination of elements, atoms and molecules, they will start to understand the minutiae that underpins everything on Earth.
With this foundation in place, children will then go on to explore some of the ways elements join together, looking at solids, liquids and gases and how the way particles are arranged can change what something looks like – and how it behaves. Taking in mixtures, chemical reactions, acids and alkalis as well as crystals, children will be inspired to ask questions and seek explanations for why things happen. They’ll also learn about some of the chemistry that led to the formation of the Earth itself, looking at some geological events and the chemistry of rocks.
With lots of hands-on experiments in each module, all of which can easily be carried out at home, Chemistry For Kids is designed to instil curiosity as well as a love and appreciation for science. Each module has a focus on a particular aspect of the material world, including chemical changes, separation, and notable chemists throughout history, to keep your child engaged and focused throughout.
By studying this course, your child will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the periodic table
- Examine the three states of matter plus compounds and mixtures and how mixtures can be separated
- Explore the differences between acids and alkalis
- Become familiar with the crystallisation process, and physical and chemical changes
- Discover how Earth was formed
- Learn about the chemical processes and techniques that occur within a kitchen
- Become familiar with some of the amazing chemists from history and their discoveries
- Take fun quiz assessments
- Receive a certificate upon completion