The Ketogenic Diet Diploma Course will inform and educate you as you follow a journey that may improve your health. You will learn about what your body needs – no matter what diet you follow, the history and basics of a ketogenic diet, when to follow this diet and how to do so.
The ketogenic diet has gained popularity with many people. It is based on intermittent fasting and high fat, medium protein and low carbohydrate foods, which puts the body into ketosis. This means that it will burn fat, rather than carbohydrates, as fuel. In the 1920s, it gained popularity in treating epilepsy and, more recently, there is some research showing it may be used to help to improve longevity, other health issues and weight loss – where fast weight loss may occur, and the craving for sweet foods and carbohydrates disappears.
Many claim they feel healthier and more energised following this diet. Through studying the Ketogenic Diet Course, you will learn about foods that may improve your health and empower you to take charge of your eating habits with more sustainable choices, and gain the added benefit of losing excess weight. There are different types of ketogenic diet – you will discover which type will work best for you and your body. The Ketogenic Diet Diploma Course gives you a clear understanding of the ketogenic diet and a basic understanding of the nutrients your body requires.
To adopt a ketogenic diet, it is important to learn about ketosis, how to create ketosis in the body, its effects and what you need to know about intermittent fasting. You will learn which type of ketogenic diet would suit you; for example, standard, cyclical, therapeutic and others, to adapt to different situations. This will depend on your body's needs, which are different for men and women. If you want to lose weight or have been advised by a health practitioner to embark on such a diet, here you will learn which variation best suits your lifestyle.
The Ketogenic Diet Course concludes by explaining how the ketogenic diet can benefit both you and your clients, and how it can help those suffering from a variety of different health conditions. We also cover the dos and don’ts for different groups of people.
Through studying the Ketogenic Diet Diploma Course, you will learn all the basic information you need to get started:
- Nutrients for a healthy diet
- History, origins and basics of a ketogenic diet
- Importance of fats, its functions and the best fats for ketosis
- All you need to know about intermittent fasting
- Who the ketogenic diet is for and who should avoid it
- Types of ketogenic diet and what foods to eat
- All about ketosis, issues that may occur on a ketogenic diet and how to deal with them
- Functional foods, supplements and medication, water and exercise
- Putting it all together – what to eat, what to shop for, keto coffee and alternative breads
- How to work with various client types - offering keto diets that provide the most benefit to differing circumstances