The Hygge: The Pursuit of Happiness Diploma Course teaches you how to incorporate hygge (pronounced hoo-gah) into your life to achieve daily pleasure, relaxation and comfort and create daily rituals for sustainable mindfulness and the eradication of negative thoughts.
The Hygge: The Pursuit of Happiness Diploma Course begins by discussing what hygge is - exploring the origin of the word and examining other, similar, Nordic concepts. You’ll explore the reasons behind hygge’s popularity and the differences between hygge and minimalism.
After laying this foundation of knowledge, you will be introduced to the principles of hygge. You’ll learn how to create true hygge in the ways you design and decorate your home, how you dress, your work environment and attitude in your job, your approach to relationships and parenting, and even how you experience the creation and consumption of meals.
The Hygge: The Pursuit of Happiness Diploma Course looks at how to follow the practice of hygge as the seasons change - how to have a hygge summer holiday, why spring cleaning is a very hygge pastime, why autumn is a good season to prepare for the coming, colder months, and how to get cosy in winter. You’ll also explore the holiday that best encapsulates hygge, Christmas. You’ll be taken right through the festive season, as you learn how to create a hygge atmosphere, from the decorations to use around your home to what food and drink you could serve.
The course concludes by looking at why hobbies are important to creating a hygge state of mind, and specifically why craft-making has a special place in the heart of all hygge practitioners.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a comprehensive overview of what hygge is and how to apply it to your life
- Understand the various principles behind hygge
- Be knowledgeable about the origins of hygge and why it is such a part of the Danish DNA
- Be familiar with ways to incorporate hygge into your home through design and decor
- Know the importance of creating hygge in your relationships and understand how to do this
- Understand the significance of food and drink to a hygge lifestyle
- Appreciate how hygge parenting can create a better home life for all the family
- Be able to practise hygge throughout the year, regardless of the season
- Understand that hygge is for life, and not just a fashion or home styling phenomenon